When you take time out just for you... | Atlanta Boudoir Photographer
Before you start inboxing me about where you can get the gorgeous lingerie featured in this post, I'll go ahead and tell you to head on over to Honey Birdette and fill up your shopping cart. This stuff is absolutely gorgeous and every single boudoir session that has brought in this lingerie brand has photographed so perfectly!
Ok, PSA over :)
Now, I can't wait for you to read through this interview. You can just tell from her words that this bubbly beauty, mother, nurse, wife, and friend is a joy to be around and is radiating the confidence that was there all along. We had an incredible day together and really made the whole boudoir session an excuse for her to take a 'me day'. Often times we can lose ourselves in the routines of life, forgetting how unique and beautiful we really are. If you're finding yourself in that space then consider living by her example and booking a time for YOU. Book your boudoir session, go have dinner by yourself, get a manicure, lay on the couch and stare at the ceiling.... whatever you've got to do!
1) How old are you... or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)?
2) What do you do for a living? Or... How do you typically spend your days?
I am a nurse. I currently work in an oncology ICU.
3) What prompted you to consider booking a boudoir session?
This is something that I have wanted to do for years. I fell like I always go above and beyond for others so I made a New Years resolution to start doing more things for me. It seemed like the perfect time to finally book my session!
4) Fears and hesitations are common when it comes to boudoir! What (if any) fears or hesitations did you have with regards to your session?
I was really worried that I wouldn’t get images as good as all the others that I have seen. Boy was I wrong! I was also worried that when I viewed my images I would be able to pick out all the things about my body that I hate, wrong again!
5) Thank you so much for choosing OWN! What was it about us that made you choose us for your boudoir session?
My initial attraction was simply seeing Sarah’s work. I mean, it speaks for itself. All of the images are so classic and timeless. Once I reached out to get additional info about potentially booking a shoot I was sold! Everyone that works in this company in AMAZING and the personalities are the BEST.
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)?
It was a lot like what I anticipated except way more laid back.
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (primping, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc)
It is so hard to pick just one favorite part. I for sure loved the primping because that is so far out of my ordinary routine. I would have to say I really enjoyed hanging out with Sarah and the fact that the whole day was all about me!
8) How has the response been to your images?
Amazing! So far everyone has loved them.
9) What is your advice for women interested in such a session (aside from "JUST DO IT!!!")?
Make the time and do this for you. It is about so much more than what your body looks like.
10) What has changed about the way you see your OWN beauty?
Now that I am older and more confident what I think about myself is so much more important than what other people think about me.