Atlanta Boudoir Client interview: "My husband flipped out."
1) How old are you... or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)?
I am 46. At 14 I was listening to Prince, Madonna, Def Leppard, etc.
2) What do you do for a living?
I am an Executive Assistant for the Exec. VP and VP at a hospital.
3) What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session?
I've always wanted to do it, and I googled photographers. I did it as a wedding present for my fiance (now husband)! He flipped out.
4) Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir?
I wouldn't say fears. I was a little nervous because I just don't normally stand around in lingerie in front of anyone other than my husband. HOWEVER, I was already at ease for the most part before I walked into your studio because of your sense of humor in all communications beforehand. Then any nervousness or inhibitions I had once I met you face to face went away immediately. You have the perfect personality for this. You are easily somebody I could be great friends with.
5) Why did you choose OWN?
I didn't want to look "pin-uppy". I wanted to look like I could have been in my bedroom. I LOVED LOVED LOVED, can I say it one more time, LOVED your pics. Also loved that you post pics on your website of REAL women. Some photographers only post pics of size 2 people. I am NO size 2, but you made me look like I am! :-)
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)?
I felt much more comfortable than I thought I would. I didn't intend originally to take "naked" photos, but I was so at ease I wanted to and they are GREAT!
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (priming, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc)
The shoot was so fun! I mean FUN! But seeing the images was my favorite part. I just couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that my own photos would be as great as the ones on your website. Then I saw them and fell in love with all of them.
8) How has the response been to your images?
My sisters, my daughter, and my girlfriends who wanted to see them were floored. I have two friends that intend to book with you within the next year for special occasions. My daughter (she's 25) wants a session with you. My husband absolutely LOVES LOVES LOVES them. However, I have to say, every woman should do this for herself. It makes you feel absolutely like the sexiest woman on the planet!
9) What is your advice for women interested in such asession?
My advice is simply to DO IT and let OWN do it!!! You will NOT be disappointed. Sarah is amazing!! Her whole team is amazing.
10) Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session?
Oh yeah it did. I am much more confident about the way I look. My husband has always told me he loves my body, and that I shouldn't be self-conscious at all. I'm NOT anymore. He loved them so much that he wants to do a couples session!!!!