Boudoir client interview: "Empowering is the word I keep coming back to."
My screams of joy can probably be heard throughout Atlanta anytime one of my clients requests that I send them a client interview. Knowing that the very nature of boudoir is intimate, the honor of getting to share imagery from a session is absolutely not lost on me.
OWN is about celebrating your OWN beauty – or at least being open to giving it a shot. Hearing success stories and journeys from the women that I am allowed to photograph is basically cocaine to me… I cannot get enough of it and I am constantly inspired and driven to do more.
Hear from this lovely woman below:
1) How old are you... or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)?
I am 30 years old!
2) What do you do for a living?
I am an Editor.
3) What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session?
A friend had done it + I knew my fiance' would go nuts for it.
4) Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir?
Yes! I wasn't sure about being so exposed and was afraid I wouldn't love the way my body looked in the final images.
5) Why did you choose OWN?
Because I loved what I read on the site about the sessions being for you more than anyone else. I liked that Sarah wasn't coming from a "do this and you're boyfriend will think you're hot" standpoint but rather a "do this and you will feel empowered and proud" standpoint. That's really how it went!
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)?
It was so much less scary than I expected! Sarah made me feel super comfortable and gave great direction. Even though the images look super hot and sensual, the actual posing didn't require that type of mood.
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (priming, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc)
The shoot was a blast and so was seeing the images. I can't stop looking at them! I haven't gifted the images yet, but the wait is killing me. I think that may end being the best of the best.
8) How has the response been to your images?
My sister loves them, ha!
9) What is your advice for women interested in such a session?
Do it, do it, do it! It's not trashy or objectifying or any other negative adjective. Empowering is the word I keep coming back to. I feel more comfortable, more beautiful and more sexy for having done it.
10) Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session?
**Have you heard? I'm on tour this year! That's right, this Atlanta boudoir photographer is headed your way (probably). I'll be photographing women for their boudoir sessions in Vegas, Chicago, New York, London, Miami, and New Orleans. Are you looking to make a trip? Turn it into a long weekend... or maybe plan your vacation around me! Know someone in those areas? Give them my info. You'll be loved forever.