Behind the scenes of MY Boudoir experience!
Since I share so much about my clients/others' experiences in their boudoir sessions, I thought that it's time to share my OWN experience!
Reasons for wanting to do a boudoir session:
- I really liked my photographer!
- I loved the idea of traveling to a destination.
- I was excited to see 'what could be done'.
- I wanted to see a different side of me that wasn't in front of a dressing room mirror, and to see what a really good photo of myself looked like.
- My photographer had the style and artistry that I really appreciated - I loved looking at their work, and I knew he had a fine art background.
Here are my thoughts during and after the shoot!
- I decided to splurge for the photographer that was 100% what i wanted, and I'm so glad that I did!
- I was exhausted by the end of the day!! It was a lot more posing and movement than i'd imagined, for example: waving my arms, spinning in a circle, stop-drop- and rolling
- I felt silly during the shoot.. so it taught me a lot about letting your guard down and trusting the photographer.
- I had my hair and makeup done, and it was fun to sit in the chair and see the before and afters and how it translated into photos. (BTW- I didn't love my eyebrows and I wish I had said something... so now I highly encourage my clients to speak up if we need to change anything during makeup).