We all love birthdays (or we love the presents?), but when you are having a birthday BOUDOIR shoot it gives a new pleasure to birthdays. It’s been a theme lately, and I’m not mad about it.
This particular client scheduled her boudoir shoot for her birthday, for her own satisfaction, and mayyyybeeeee for her love (he def loved it). The day that we had together was full of laughter and a constant trust in me to do “whatever you think would work”. Her complete trust resulted in a gorgeous gallery, and the best birthday gift you could ever give yourself! Read on to hear about her experience (and see images from her shoot!)
1) How old are you... or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)?
I am 26!
2) What do you do for a living? Or... How do you typically spend your days?
I worked in marketing for a year and now am a freelance career coach working from home.
3) What prompted you to consider booking a boudoir session?
It was a birthday present to myself! I had done a session the year before and it was not as great as I wanted it to be. I decided to go all out this time.
4) Fears and hesitations are common when it comes to boudoir! What (if any) fears or hesitations did you have with regards to your session?
Of course, I was fearful about how my body would look but also my face. I don’t really photograph well, although I think I clean up well and am pretty enough! I really didn’t want to waste so much money and be dissatisfied with the products like I ended up experiencing before.
5) Thank you so much for choosing OWN! What was it about us that made you choose us for your boudoir session?
Well the quality of the product on social media was definitely the main factor. I also really appreciate the overall message of OWN.
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)?
I was nervous but Sarah made me feel right at ease, like we were besties! She walked me through everything, including posing right down to my face.
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (primping, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc)
Well I loved the primping and the actual shoot for sure, but I’d have to say the reveal was awesome! Getting a sneak peek was also a nice treat!
8) How has the response been to your images?
Everybody that has seen them loves them. OBVIOUSLY I do too but it’s also super great to have your friends see you that way, too.
9) What is your advice for women interested in such a session (aside from "JUST DO IT!!!")?
Relax and have fun. Trust that your photographer isn’t going to make you look any more gross than you see yourself (especially because you AREN’T GROSS!!!)
10) What has changed about the way you see your OWN beauty?
I definitely consider myself more sexy these days.