Butter, Pizza, Wine, Boudoir: Client Interview
1) How old are you? 25
2) What do you do for a living? Full-time student and gym co-owner
3) What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session? I wanted to let go of the idea that I’d be happy with my body if I lost that last five pounds. Who are we kidding? That last five pounds never goes anywhere. I hoped that a boudoir shoot would give me some perspective and allow me to live a little more comfortably and confidently in my own skin.
4) Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? I was scared that I would be the most awkward little turtle that Sarah had ever photographed. I never know what to do with my hands. Do I smile with teeth or no teeth? Are you even supposed to smile at all? You get the picture...
5) Why did you choose OWN? I love Sarah’s mission. This bit on the website really got me: "OWN isn't about reducing the amount of butter to make you loose a quarter inch. OWN isn't about reducing anything. OWN is about throwing in all of the goodies, building and strengthening what you already have." That’s good stuff. I know I like butter and pizza and wine, and I bet you do too.
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)? I think I had a pretty good idea about what to expect (I stalked the website and blog pretty thoroughly). Even still, the session blew my expectations out of the water. There wasn’t a single moment that felt awkward or forced or fake.
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (priming, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc) Giving the images to my fiancé was priceless. He knew that he had a “special present” coming his way, but all of his guesses were miles off. When he opened the book he didn’t know how to react. He had the biggest grin and a nervous giggle. So cute.
8) How has the response been to your images? My fiancé loved the images, but my girlfriends did too! They were all so impressed with how awesome the book came out that they want to book their OWN sessions (ya see what I did there?)
9) Any advice for women interested in such a session? DO IT! For my fellow introverts out there, Sarah gives great direction. You won’t have to come up with a sexy pose on the spot. I felt so comfortable throughout the entire process, and I feel confident that you will too.
10) Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session? I can honestly say that I got the perspective that I was looking for. Sure, there are times when I still notice those little things about my body that I don’t love, but I also have a secret. There’s a little book that my fiancé’ keeps tucked away, and in that little book, I look f*!%ing strong, sexy, beautiful and confident. That’s a much better look (and feel) than carrying around insecurity.