Women who OWN their life: Client interview
Every now and then I'm reminded why I do what I do and why I love what I do. The interview below is of a boudoir client in Atlanta who has struggled with fertility problems for years. I get a LOT of clients that also struggle with fertility and the ability to get pregnant; often they come to me after being poked, prodded, frustrated with doctors, or ashamed or pissed off about the situation. They want to feel FEMININE again. This beautiful woman just wanted to be present as who she was - embracing (or should I say, OWNing) her life and her body. The best part? She found out later she was pregnant during the shoot! Amazing.
1) How old are you? 33
2) What do you do for a living? I am a registered nurse
3) What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session? I had been trying to get pregnant for 3 1/2 years and one day just decided to embrace where I was in my life and body. The funny part is I was pregnant in my pictures and didnt know it :)
4) Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? Of course!!! Things like: 'how will my pictures look? Will my husband like them? Will I buy the right clothing for the photo shoot?'
5) Why did you choose OWN? I looked at your website and thought the pictures were amazing and different from all other sites.
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)? I was very comfortable with Sarah. She had made it a wonderful experience!
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (priming, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc)? Hair and makeup. I also loved that i got to see some of the pictures during the photo shoot.
8) How has the response been to your images? SHOCKED!! I could not believe that was me!!!
9) Any advice for women interested in such a session? JUST DO IT!!! celebrate you!!!
10) Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session?When my husband saw the pictures, his response made me feel beautiful! He loved all of them!